The event is run in accordance with the rules and regulations of the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF), the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) and Rwanda Athletics Federation.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. This means that once we receive and accept your entry:
- You will not receive a refund if you cannot participate.
- You may not transfer your entry to another person or to a future event. You cannot
give your race number to another person.
Kit collection for participants who registered online
Participants who register online must show their ID to receive the Marathon race kit, number and timing chip at the marathon village. This kit should be picked in person.
If participants are enable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a representative to pick the kit up on their behalf. This representative should present the following to the marathon Chief of registration:
- A letter authorizing the collection of the kit signed by the participant;
- Copies of the relevant entry documentation;
- Copy of the participant’s identity.
- The Measurement of the route have done by an IAAF Expert in measurements with a bicycles and the short course prevention factor have been considered with 0.1 %;
- The Distance in Kilometers will be displayed after every 5 km;
- Police will ensure the safety of athletes and officials, and will ensure that the road
are closed to motorized traffic in all direction.
- Slow Runners:
A Stragglers bus will follow the back markers on each race. The stragglers bus will notify late runners that the roads are open.(After roads are open= The finish of the event) the Rwanda Traffic regulations apply. Any competitor still on the roads after this time is regarded by Rwanda law as pedestrian.
- Dropping out:
For those enable to continue the race at any point, we advise them to move over the side of the road and wait for the straggles bus. Anyone may also wish to stop at a water station, each of these stations will have a manager and the competitor should inform them on the intention to stop. They can assist in arrangements to return to the Amahoro National Stadium.
If anyone require a medical assistance, the manager at any station on route will inform the Deputy marathon director and this one also will inform the chief medical officer for immediate support by ambulances on the routes.
- Participants of Full and Half Marathon Must be over 18 Years of Age;
- Participants in the Fun Runs for peace under the age of 18 must be accompanied at
all times by a responsible adult;
- Participants must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the
challenge of the race for which they are entered;
- Participants are required to wear an Official Marathon race number on the front of
their singlet/T-shirt to participate in the Kigali International Peace Marathon;
- No individual vehicles, motorbikes or Bicycles are allowed on the course;
- Pet Animals, whether on lead or not are not allowed on the course;
- Personal trainers, mentors or coaches will not be allowed on the course unless
they are entered in the event and wearing an official Marathon Race Number;
- No person shall under any circumstances run beside an athlete while he/she is
taking refreshment or water, an athlete who collects refreshment from a place other than the refreshment stations renders him/her self liable to disqualification by the referees;
- Competitors are obliged to follow the instruction of steward, race officials or Rwanda traffic police at all times;
- Participants must start at the official start line and complete the full officially measured course;
- Participants must start the event at the officially sanctioned start time only.
D.Finish of the event
The events (both Full and Half Marathon) will take 5Hours and 30 Minutes. Road Closures will be lifted by Rwanda National Police, in accordance with the schedule published time. The road Opening* signifies the finish of the event and any competitor on the course after this time will be excluded from the result.
After roads are open (the finish of the event) the Rwanda Traffic regulations apply. Any competitor still on the roads after this time is regarded by Rwanda Law as pedestrian.
- A trial vehicle or the stragglers bus will advise late runners that the roads are about to open to normal everyday traffic.
- It is responsibility of the competitor to familiarize themselves with the event rules, the race formats, times and routes and any direction as published in the ‘runners Guide’ provided with the marathon race pack. Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification.
E. EVENT INFORMATION
Date: 22nd May 2016
Assembly Venue: Amahoro National Stadium Assembly and Start Time
￼￼As a general principle, Presentations will take place 15 Minutes after 15 Minutes the last person in the event receiving a prize has crossed the finish line.
Please be early – Roads used for the Marathon will be closed on Sunday 22nd May from 3 am. Please use the traffic diversions and follow the police instructions.
The stadium course will be closed Saturday evening at 6:00 pm.
The entire finish area must keep free of runners who have completed their events. Drinking water will be available where they will exit.
Only fully accredited Officials will be permitted inside the stadium track.
F. SERVICES ON THE ROUTE (Water, Medical and toilet stations)
Water and toilet stations will be located as the Following: . At the start
- At between 5km intervals on route
- At the Finish
All Stations are clearly marked by signs placed at the station and signs placed 200m before the station.
Five Drinking Water stations and Two Sponging station will be placed along the circuit with toilets stations.
- a. Water:
Water will be supplied in small bottles with tops off. Take water whenever you get the chance provided officially
Water bottles from the Marathon are collected for recycling. Look out for the bottle discard areas. They are located in 25m – 200m after each of the water stations. We request participants to discard the bottles in those areas either in provided roadside bins
or to the side of the road. Dropping bottles on the road might be hazardous to runners behind
- b. Firt aid:
First aid stations are manned by Doctors and Nurses Medical Commissions/ Kanombe Millitary Hospital
- c. Ambulance:
Ambulances will be strategically positioned on the route by Rwanda Military Hospital.
- d. Medical center
The Main Medical Center, fully equipped, will be placed at Amahoro National Stadium by Medical Commission
- e. EmergenciesandEvacuation
Ambulance will be Standby, for any case and the evacuation will be to the Kanombe Military Hospital.
Done at Kigali
For more infos contact +250 788 353 479